Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Slacker

My goodness I have been slacking on my posts lately!! I have finally started to get more followers, so I had better get on the ball and keep up the posts! The weather has been SO gorgeous lately that we have spent most of our days doing one thing or another outside. Spring is so great down here. It's a little warmer than spring most other places so we can bust out the shorts and tank tops early, but it's not the dead of summer yet so NO HUMIDITY! Summers in the south are just miserable. I cannot stand humidity, and I cannot stand to choke to death when I walk out of my house! So we have been enjoying the days while we can!

Last weekend I went down to Wilmington with a few friends to the Azalea Festival. It was so nice and such a great time. The atmosphere down there was so friendly and calm. The fireworks, the fried food and the company were all amazing! Logan was just enamored with the fireworks and it was the cutest thing ever! I think one of the most amazing parts of parenthood is watching your child experience something for the very first time. I love taking him to see and do new things just so I can see the sheer joy and pleasure on his face. Ah, to see the world through a child's eyes again! Everything is so magical to them. It is such a neat experience! We all had a great time, despite the rain. Evan and Greg were at Busco riding 4-wheelers again, so Aunt Megan stepped in as fill in daddy/date for us. ;)

First Fireworks

She spoils him rotten!

Azalea Festival. Wilmington, NC
Megan and I NEVER pass up an opportunity, when in Wilmo, to have a photo-op with One Tree Hill casting sites!




In PCSing news (Permanent Change of Station, or moving in civilian language): After going back and forth and making changes a million times, we have finally nailed down moving dates! The movers have been booked and will be here to do a walk-through of the house next week! It was such an exciting feeling to see actual paperwork on my table! I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! It's looking like we will have almost a month to get moved out of our current house, find a new place in VA and get settled in! I am beyond excited for the next chapter of our lives. Camp Lejeune has been a lot of hard times, and a handful of unforgettable ones. The people I have met here have mostly been toxic and people that I never want to have to deal with again. But for the very few who are good and true friends, I will hold them dearly in my heart forever and ever.  <3


This weekend, Evan and I are going to be participating in a walk for ALS. This is a horrible disease that took my grandpa from me way before I was ready to let him go. I'll post more about the walk and about my papaw after I have done it. I just found out about the walk last weekend when we were in Wilmington so my expectations for fundraising were not high. But my amazing family and friends have been so generous that I have raised over 200 dollars in less than a week just from posting on Facebook and sending E-mails! I am so exciting to honor my papaw in this walk, but I know it's going to be such an emotional day for me. 

Well, it's WAY past bedtime, and I've got to rise and shine early in the A.M. to help a friend do a little yard saling :) Sweet dreams everyone! 

2 comments:

  1. Are you still raising money for the walk? Let me know and if so I can mention it on my blog if you'd like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I am! Today is the last day for it. The link is on my Facebook wall or I can send it to you if you'd like! THanks for spreading the word!!!

    ReplyDelete