Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The rest of our weekend ....

Before the tornado hit, we were actually having a great weekend. We took Logan to the circus in town Friday evening, which was surprisingly awesome! He loved it! Actually, we all loved it! It was another one of my favorite moments as a parent, when you get to watch your child experience something for the first time. I love to see the world through a child's eyes. Logan particularly loved the "vroom vrooms" or the motorcycles. He could not get enough of them. My personal favorite was the trapeze act! And when they shot a man out of a cannon! Great fun was had by all!


"What's that?!"

Family Fun!

THREE motorcycles!

Elephant Rides

The trapeze family


Saturday morning we were up bright and early to head to Wilmington to participate in the ALS walk. I did this walk in memory of my grandpa who fought a courageous battle with this disease for over 10 years. I wanted to celebrate his life and be a part of finding a cure so no one else ever has to go through this disease again. My grandpa was the bravest and strongest man I ever met. It was so hard for my family to watch him deteriorate  over the years and not even be able to walk or speak. He taught me so much about life and was such an amazing man. He made a huge impact on just about every one in their community. He is missed every day. My son's middle name is after him, and I was so glad that he could be there with me as I did this walk. His little legs even walked about half a lap for his great-grandpa. I am so thankful to my husband for coming with me and doing this walk and supporting me. He knew how much it meant to me. I was only able to fundraise for less than a week, and my amazing friends and family helped me to raise over 200 dollars for the ALS Association! The Wilmington chapter exceeded it's total goal of $85,000 and raised a total of $101,959.00!!! This is so amazing!! Thank you everyone who helped out! I hope to be a part of an ALS walk somewhere every year from here on out! I know my grandpa was there with us. He even brought a little sunshine to the walk. And I hope he was proud. 

I love you Pa. I'll see you again some day.
Logan & I at opening ceremony.

What a great turnout!!

Logan James walking for his great-grandpa James Barger.


I'm so blessed to have them.








No comments:

Post a Comment