Monday, May 2, 2011

Back with a rant!

I have hated being away for so long! It's been a great week and a half in the mountain state, and I just haven't had time to blog. And I definitely haven't had the internet speed. But with the history changing events that unfolded last night, I felt compelled to (in true Courtney fashion) fire up my parents' stone age computer and do a little ranting!

Let me first say that I am so proud to be an American, and especially proud to be the wife of a veteran! The things the men and women of our Armed Forces have done in the past 10 years has been amazing. I am so proud and happy to finally see this mission accomplished and see the demise of such an evil man! Thank you, Navy Seals for getting the job done! And thank you to every single troop who has spent time in the middle east in the past 10 years trying to reach this goal.

Let me now say ... Holy crap America, SHUT UP! People are never EVER satisfied ... For the past year, all people have done (and rightfuly so) is talking about and complain about the two wars we are fighting, the declining economy, and continuous natural disasters, and all the bullying and negativity going on around this world. But then when something happy, and joyous and full of love is brought to the world's attention, what do we do? Complain about that as well! Now I get it, not every one was as into the Royal Wedding as I was. Weddings are for every one, they were not the leaders and future leaders of our country, and like the media does, they ran it into the groud showing us every last detail of everyone in Great Britain. But come on people, seriously, enough with the bitching. I, personally, was glad to see true love and happiness plastered all over my television for a change. It was a welcomed break from the damage and despair of tornados and tsunamis, hollywood stars overdosing and going through their 8th divorce, or kids beating the crap out of each other in school.

For at least the past 7 years we as Americans have been doubting the abilities of our nation's leaders to find Osama Bin Laden, the man responsible for the 9/11 attacks. We have claimed we would never find him and he would die of old age in a cave. We have speculated that government and military officials knew where he was and were not telling the public. We have come up with 100 scenarios and speculations all the while breathing down the necks our of leaders and doubting their methods and abilities. Well last night, that all came to an end! We found the SOB, and justice was served! Every single family who lost a loved one on Septemeber 11, 2001 may now have a small piece of closer knowing the man responsible for the deaths of their loved ones has met his maker and is enduring his judgement day for all the heinous things he did "in the name of God." I am not saying you should celebrate the death of one of God's children, but I cannot help but be happy about this victory for Americans, especially American troops. This man was not going to do anything but continue to bring harm and evil to the world. I am not sad to see him go. But what are we now doing? BITCHING. Complaining about people celebrating this victory, complaining about  the way we went about it, complaining because Obama said he was behind this attack, complaining complaining.

Someone said that celebrating Bin Laden's death only shows that we are saying the cost of war has been worth it ... Well you're damn right! I am fairly certain that just about every troop who has served overseas, made sacrifices, been away from their family, or been injured or even killed would say that his sacrifice was was worth it. And I can also bet that every wife, mother, father, sister or brother who lost a loved one in these wars in the past year would tell you their loved one did not die for no reason. It absolutely burns me up when people say the death and debt that these wars have cost have not been worth it. How dare someone say that the sacrifices my family has made, and the families of so many that are dear to me is not worth it. These men do not fight these wars for political reasons and they do not fight them to the Democrats, or the Republics, or anyone sitting up on that hill. They fight it for you and me. For their families back home, for their kids to have a safe and wonderful life. They fight these wars so that no one ever again thinks they can come into this country and cause destruction like that caused on 9/11 by Bin Laden and his followers. It IS worth it. And this IS a cause for celebration.

Anyone who thinks this will be an immediate end to the war is a fool. A ton of extra prayers will go up for our troops overseas, as I am sure retalliation is upon them. But this was one very huge, and very long awaited victory for our side. Had I been alive during WWII I would have cheered the death of the coward Adolf Hitler. Osama Bin Laden falls under this same category, and today, his death will be celebrated, and the sacrifices made for this country will be honored and appreciated.

God, bless our troops.Keep them safe with your strongest angels. And God, bless this great nation.


"I have never wished a man dead. But I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment